Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend






We had a very busy, but fun weekend.
Jesse's Aunt and Grandma came down from Kansas to visit Friday. It was great to see them. Jesse's Grandma makes a quilt for each great grandbaby and she brought Hailey's with her. I was delighted, it is simply beautiful. (You have probably seen the ones she made for Cade and Genicey hanging in their rooms.) We went to Jess's bro's Sat afternoon and the kids found Easter eggs. We then had everyone over to our house for dinner and some Wii time. We had a blast.
Sunday morning the kids got up to find Easter baskets and were ecstatic. Genicey's was filled with "pop star" type items and Cade's was of course filled with car stuff. We then went to church with my parents and had a great service. (Thank you Jesus, how humbled I am by your love.) After we headed to my parents' house for a WONDERFUL early supper and another Easter egg hunt. By this time the weather had changed to beautiful weather and so we ALL headed out doors to play. We played basketball, drew pictures with chalk, and even somehow decided to play 4 square. I had forgotten how fun it is. We had so much fun we played for about 2 hours and got a great workout chasing the ball and moving fast. Genicey will probably be teaching her friends at school today.

3 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful quilt! Jesse's grandma is so talented. You know I love making quilts. Someday I would love to make one for my grandchildren:-) I will have to check out Genicey and Cade's quilts next time I visit you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome weekend. Glad you all had a great Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt is so beautiful...I used to have a great-aunt that made quilts and we had one that looked just like that (girls in bonnets)!

    ReplyDelete